CAA is a membership organisation open to anyone on payment of an annual fee. Membership runs from January 1st for a calendar year. You must be a current member of CAA in order to register for or attend the annual conference.
Members are entitled to the following:
- to attend the annual conference (requires payment of a separate conference registration fee);
- to keep their name and address on the mailing list held by the CAA Steering Committee for 3 years;
- to call themselves ‘A member of CAA International’;
- to receive a copy of all membership mailings;
- to participate in CAA policy by attending and voting at the Annual General Meeting (AGM);
- to vote in elections for executive steering committee officers;
- to become a member of the Steering Committee, either elected or co-opted;
- to receive a 20% discount off proceedings ordered from CAA;
- to receive a 10% discount on any publications purchased at Oxbow Books and BAR/Archaeopress
Annual Membership Rates
All annual memberships are valid from January 1 – December 31 and are non-refundable.
Regular Membership Rate: € 75
Concessionary Rate: € 19 (Available to students as well as retired and low-income individuals)
To join CAA, please visit the Membership Portal.
At the 2023 AGM, the membership approved a new tiered fee structure that takes into account a member’s country of residence. This new structure will go into effect for the 2024 memberships.
Members entitled to the concessionary rate may also apply for a bursary to help defray travel expenses when attending the annual conference.
Updating your Information
To update your personal profile or to renew your membership, please log in to Membership management page .
CAA’s policy on the use of member details is described at Policy on the Use of Member Details page.
Please email CAA’s Membership Secretary if you have questions about membership or need assistance with the Membership Portal.